getfirst and re

Victor Subervi victorsubervi at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 13:43:03 EST 2010

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 1:26 PM, Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com> wrote:

> MRAB wrote:
> > Victor Subervi wrote:
> > [snip]
> >>
> >> Code snippet:
> >>
> >> def cgiFieldStorageToDict(fieldStorage):
>                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Further hint ...
>
> >>   params = {}
> >>   for key in fieldStorage.keys():
> >>     params[key] = cgi.FieldStorage[key].value
> > This is your problem.

The problem is that I don't understand this code that I exactly copied from
a Web page tutorial. Can you folks point me to tutorials where I can learn
to comprehend this code? Specifically, the line in question. How is it that
one can code "params[key]" (what does that mean?) and the other side, what
does that mean