lightweight encryption of text file

Steve Holden steve at
Mon Jan 11 04:52:24 CET 2010

Nobody wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 12:26:05 -0800, Paul Rubin wrote:
>> I'd like it a lot if the Python stdlib could include a serious
>> cryptography module.
> And I'd like a truckload of gold ;)
> Right now, even asking for HTTPS support is too much to ask. Heck,
> even asking for the fake HTTPS support to be identified as such is too
> much, apparently.
No, Paul, nobody will complain if you *ask* ...

A question I've been asking myself quite a lot recently is how the PSF
could, were funding to be available, direct the development of Python in
specific directions, and what those directions should be. Unfortunately
there are probably as many answers as Python programmers in terms of the
priorities to be adopted.

PyCon is coming! Atlanta, Feb 2010
Holden Web LLC