pyserial: Unexpected Local Echo

Steven Woody narkewoody at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 10:27:03 EST 2010

Hi,

I am using pyserial.  But I always get the local echo after I write
some characters onto serial port and I find no way to disable this
behavior. When I say 'local echo', I mean the next read operation will
get characters that was just write to the same port.

I run my program on cygwin (pyserial was also built on the system from
source code) and the serial port i am using is a USB adapter that
simulates a port (COM4 on my XP) because my laptop don't have a real
serial port.  But I checked my COM4 settings, there is no any think
like 'local echo'.

Thanks in advance.

    -- Schopenhauer

narke