Python Goldmine has been updated: http://preciseinfo.org/Convert/index_Convert_Python.html

tanix tanix at mongo.net
Mon Jan 11 14:50:35 EST 2010

In article <mailman.757.1263177422.28905.python-list at python.org>, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:
>On 1/8/2010 11:50 AM, tanix wrote:
>> Python Goldmine collection contains the extensive collection of articles
>> going back several years. It includes thousands of code
>> examples and expert discussions on all major topics.
>>
>> The information is organized by relevant topics, covered
>> by the corresponding chapters.
>>
>> The information was filtered with sophisticated filters and vast
>> majority of artilces with little relevance have been filtered out.
>>
>> If you have any specific requests for some new chapters to be added
>> and it is of interest to others, please post your requests on this
>> thread.
>>
>> If anyone feels he has above average level of competence, or can
>> reccommend someone who posts on this group, you may request to be
>> included in the expert chapters.
>>
>> The Python Goldmine is at:
>>
>> http://preciseinfo.org/Convert/index_Convert_Python.html
>>
>> --
>> Programmer's Goldmine collections:
>>
>> http://preciseinfo.org
>>
>> Tens of thousands of code examples and expert discussions on
>> C++, MFC, VC, ATL, STL, templates, Java, Python, Javascript, PHP,
>> organized by major topics of language, tools, methods, techniques.
>
>This site pops up spam windowns. One was blocked, one managed to bypass
>the popup blocker. Tnis is not friendly behaviour.

I am sorry. But this is a known issue.
This is one of counter vendors doing these popups.
They were contacted about this but they refuse to deal with it.
These popups are totally inappropriate.
These counters will be removed with the next major site update.

>Some categories have 100s of entries. Better, I think, to use a search
>engine such as  Google with more specific search terms and a snippet of
>context for each result.

Well, I can not tell you what is better for you.
You have to decide on your own.
What I can tell you is this: when you do Google search, you are not
going to get the most appropriate results. Because their filtering
is orders of magnitude less precise.

There is currenly work going on to do internal site search that
will further increase precision.

But even as it stands right now, you are getting the code examples
on related issues with > 90% certainty of articles to be on topic.

Beyond that, do as you wish.