Fractional Hours from datetime?

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Mon Jan 11 21:32:08 EST 2010

"W. eWatson" <wolftracks at invalid.com> writes:

> Ben Finney wrote:
> > Could you give the Message-ID for that message?
> >
> Sort of like outer space I guess. No real direction. How would I find
> the message ID?

It is a field in the header of every message. Show the full header, and
look for the field named ‘Message-ID’.

Ideally the value of that field is unique for all messages ever, but
there's no technical enforcement of that so it wouldn't serve to
*guarantee* unique identification. It's good enough to use as an
identifier in referring people to read messages, though.

--
 \     “Oh, I realize it's a penny here and a penny there, but look at |
  `\      me: I've worked myself up from nothing to a state of extreme |