Bugs in CPython 3.1.1 [wave.py]

Alf P. Steinbach alfps at start.no
Tue Jan 12 06:51:06 EST 2010

* Alf P. Steinbach:
> * Steve Holden:
>> Alf P. Steinbach wrote:
>> [...]
>>> PS: It would be nice if someone(TM) could describe here in detail how to
>>> properly report errors like this. Of course I'm not going to do it if it
>>> involves establishing Yet Another Account somewhere. But hopefully it
>>> doesn't?
>>>
>> That's not very public-spirited, is it? Python is open source, remember.
>> You wouldn't be able to use it if Guido had said "you know, I'm just
>> going to write this language for myself. It's so much trouble building a
>> development community ..."
>>
>> Give a little something back - create the account, and log the bug. I
>> promise you'll feel better about yourself ;-)
>
> "You will shortly receive an email to confirm your registration. To
> complete the registration process, visit the link indicated in the email."
>
> Yeah, still waiting...
>
> And I don't feel better. :-(
>
> Oh, mail arriving!
>
> Bah, no, t'was from my travel company.

Hm, similar to Google's feedback forms this, just cul de sac: still no mail!

Trying registration again...

For perhaps I wrote incorrect mail address? No. Correct. Anyway...

"Your request is being processed. Please be patient."

Well how f*****g darn patient do they expect me to be?

I've decided: I'm not.

Oh sh**, just as I typed the period above the mail finally arrived. It's been,
let's see,  about 20+ minutes!

And still some miles to go.

Somebody should say THANK YOU for all this effort, pointing out not just the bug
but exactly what needs fixing, not whining about me not wasting half an hour on
going through proper channels after already wasting much time on that bug!

- Alf (grumble)