os.system function

r0g aioe.org at technicalbloke.com
Tue Jan 12 12:59:42 EST 2010

Zabin wrote:
> Hey everyone!
>
> I am a new python programmer. I am trying to get the general file
> functionality with options of save and save as working. These save
> functions save a folder with multiple files. Upon using the os.system
> copy function- if my destination directory has files with similar
> names- i am asked whether i want to replace the files on the command
> prompt.
>
> Is there some way of getting this question into a dialog box?

You'll need to use one of the GUI toolkits for that.

wxPython is my prefered one as its cross platform and it renders with
the OS's native toolkit / look. However, that is quite a big dependency
(10MiB) to be carrying around if all you need is a dialog box so you may
want to look into pythons core GUI library, TKL.

Roger.