Is python not good enough?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Jan 12 17:23:48 EST 2010

On 1/12/2010 10:17 AM, Krister Svanlund wrote:
> Every language has it uses and Google obviously thought that it would
> take more resources to get Python to the level they need it than to
> start using Go.

'Google' does not think.

Go builds on previous works by the main developers. I doubt that they
even considered trying to upgrade Python and in particular, its
generators, to accomplish the parallel processing goals. Their goal of
making Go very fast to compile by machines somewhat conflicts with
Python's goal of being fast to read by humans.

Terry Jan Reedy