Those two controversial 2nd & 3rd paragraphs of my ch 1

André andre.roberge at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 12:24:13 EST 2010

On Jan 13, 12:30 pm, Daniel Fetchinson <fetchin... at googlemail.com>
wrote:

> One code base of cheetah works under python 2 and 3? I doubt it, but I
> could be wrong. What I can easily imagine is that somebody ported
> cheetah to python 3. In this case there are two code bases, one for
> python 2 and another for python 3. So it's not the same program that
> runs under python 2 and 3.

I don't know about Cheetah, but I have read about other programs with
one code base that run under both Python 2 and Python 3.  And I can
guarantee that it is the case for Crunchy.

It *is* possible to have one program working correctly under both
Python 2 *and* 3 with a single code base.  It might not be the
officially recommended way... but that does not make it impossible.

André