Simple distributed example for learning purposes?

Aahz aahz at
Wed Jan 13 21:24:03 CET 2010

In article <mailman.63.1261857971.28905.python-list at>,
Tim Golden  <mail at> wrote:
>I'm trying to come up with something which will illustrate the
>usefulness of a distributed processing model. Since I may not be using
>the term "distributed" exactly, my criteria are:

Distributed spider with firewall that limits network I/O per computer
(the firewall is useful but not essential).
Aahz (aahz at           <*>

until you hire an amateur."  --Red Adair