How to iterate the input over a particular size?

Aahz aahz at
Wed Jan 13 21:37:16 CET 2010

In article <46a5e979-7a87-49ee-ac7e-71d3a235d7f1 at>,
joy99  <subhakolkata1234 at> wrote:
>input_string=raw_input("PRINT A STRING:")
>if len_word_list>9:
>             rest_words=string_to_word[9:]
>             len_rest_word=len(rest_words)
>             if len_rest_word>9:
>                      remaining_words=rest_words[9:]

input_string.split(None, 9) does something like what you want, but it
does require recopying the tail each iteration.  Overall, if you have
enough RAM and you don't need to preserve input_string after splitting,
your approach probably is the one I'd use.
Aahz (aahz at           <*>

until you hire an amateur."  --Red Adair