Author of a Python Success Story Needs a Job!

Novocastrian_Nomad gregory.j.baker at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 17:17:40 EST 2010

Why is it so many, so called high tech companies, insist on the 19th
century practice of demanding an employee's physical presence in a
specific geographic location.

This is the 21st century with climate change, carbon footprints,
broadband internet, telecommuting, tele-presence, telephones, fax
machines, mobile phones, electronic funds transfer, express shipping
companies and a host of other gadgets and applications, that make
geographic location almost irrelevant.

I know whereof I speak, I have been fortunate enough to work remotely
(across the country) for the last ten years, for two different
employers.

(possibly OT rant over)