SAGE help & support?

Lou Pecora pecora at anvil.nrl.navy.mil
Thu Jan 14 17:19:46 EST 2010

Does anyone know of any SAGE support or help newsgroups or email lists?

I know this is not a SAGE group and there is at least one support group
for SAGE (http://groups.google.com/group/sage-support/), but I have gone
there and asked similar questions twice and gotten zero replies (it's
been about a month now).  Any suggestions appreciated.

If you interested more info:  I've installed SAGE from a full successful
source build on my Mac Book Pro (OS X 10.4.11). SAGE runs in Terminal
and I can import the usual suspects (numpy, matplotlib) into SAGE, but
when I try to import pylab I get this message:

ImportError: No module named _tkagg

from inside the tkagg.py module in the site-packages in SAGE folder.  I
cannot figure out what's going on here.  I use pylab a lot, so I really
need it.  I've tried to track down the problem, but that's a huge
framework and I get lost.  I have no idea where to go with this.

Thanks for any pointers.

--
-- Lou Pecora