A simple-to-use sound file writer

Lie Ryan lie.1296 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 17:21:23 EST 2010

On 01/15/10 05:42, Alf P. Steinbach wrote:
> I'm beginning to believe that you maybe didn't grok that simple procedure.
>
> It's very very very trivial, so maybe you were looking for something
> more intricate  --  they used to say, in the old days, "hold on, this
> proof goes by so fast you may not notice it!"

Since you said it's trivial, then...

>> Nothing about you there. Just the information you are promoting. I don't
>> normally deal in innuendo and personal attacks. Though I do occasionally
>> get irritated by what I perceive to be hogwash. People who know me will
>> tell you, if I am wrong I will happily admit it.
>
> There's a difference between an algorithm that you can implement, and
> hogwash.

please prove your claim by writing that algorithm in code and post it in
this list. The program must accept a .wav file (or sound format of your
choice) and process it according to your algorithm and the output
another .wav file (or sound format of your choice) that sounds roughly
similar to the input file.

PS: I have near-zero experience with sound processing
PPS: I will be equally delighted seeing either Steve admitting his wrong
or you admit your hogwash
PPPS: An alternative way to convince us is to provide a paper/article
that describes this algorithm.
PPPPS: Though I will be quite sad if you choose to reject the challenge