maintain 2 versions of python on my computer

Lie Ryan lie.1296 at
Fri Jan 15 00:23:36 CET 2010

On 01/14/10 22:21, luis wrote:
> Hi
> I am not an expert in programming and using Python for its simplicity
> I have 2 versions of python installed on my computer (windos xp) to
> begin the transition from version 2.4 to 2.6 or 3. maintaining the
> operability of my old scripts
> Is there any way to indicate the version of the python interpreter
> must use a script?
> thanks

On my Windows machine, I make a copy python.exe and rename it as
python25.exe, python26.exe, python3.exe, etc in their respective
directories. Then after setting up the PATH environment variable, you
can simply call python25, python3, etc from any directory in the command

Tips: On Vista and above, you can Shift-Right-Click to show "Open
Command Window Here" in the context menu. On XP, you can install the