Simple distributed example for learning purposes?

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Fri Jan 15 03:20:51 EST 2010

On 14/01/2010 18:16, Mike Driscoll wrote:
> I think distributed transcoding of hi-def videos would be cool, but I
> haven't found much with Google. Still, you might find this useful for
> your project:
>
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/AsynCluster/0.3

Thanks. I suspect that that would be overkill for what I need
but I'm always interested in whatever's out there so thanks
for pointing me that way.

> For reasons I don't understand, the home page listed in that link is
> blocked here.

Interestingly, it just fails to resolve over here. I'll try Googling
for it later. Fortunately, altho' we do have filtering here at work
via transparent proxy, our tech support guys are quite sane: if you
let them know a page is blocked and they can see it's perfectly ok
they'll just unlock it without hassle.

TJG