force URLencoding script

João joaopcf at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 07:22:58 EST 2010

On Jan 14, 5:58 pm, r0g <aioe.... at technicalbloke.com> wrote:
> João wrote:
> > On Jan 12, 10:07 pm, r0g <aioe.... at technicalbloke.com> wrote:
> >> João wrote:
>
> > for the following data,
> > authentication = "UID=somestring&"
> > message = 'PROBLEM severity High: OperatorX Plat1(locationY) global
> > Succ. : 94.470000%'
> > dest_number = 'XXXXXXXXXXX'
>
> > url_values = urlencode({'M':message})
> > enc_data = authentication + url_values + dest_number
>
> > I'm getting null for
> > full_url = Request(url, enc_data, headers)
>
> > and thus,
> > response = urlopen(full_url).read()
> > returns,
> > TypeError: <exceptions.TypeError instance at 0x2b4d88ec6440>
>
> > )
>
> Are you sure it's returning a null and not just some other unexpected
> type?
>
> I think your problem may be that you are passing a urllib2 class to
> urllib(1)'s urlopen. Try using urllib2's urlopen instead e.g.
>
> import urllib2
> request_object = urllib2.Request('http://www.example.com')
> response = urllib2.urlopen(request_object)
> the_page = response.read()
>
> Roger.

Thanks Roger.
I think it's a null because i did a print(full_url) right after the
Request
I tried
request_object = urllib2.Request('http://www.example.com')
print(request_object)

but when printing I get: <urllib2.Request instance at 0x2afaa2fe3f80>

I've read about Python 2.4 not playing well with proxies even with no
proxy activated.
Any sugestion?

Thanks again