Changing var names

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at opengroupware.us
Fri Jan 15 14:15:38 EST 2010

On Fri, 2010-01-15 at 13:27 -0400, Victor Subervi wrote:
> Hi;
> Well it took me *less than a day* to fix the following problems:
> -- bare excepts (accidentally left a couple I think)
> -- sql injection attacks
> -- recreating tables to make them more reasonable
> Now, I believe someone once mentioned that there is some s/w tool out
> there for changing the names of my variables more easily than going
> through every script one-by-one. If so, please share with me again
> what it is.

This process is called 'refactoring' [a good term to Google], and every
decent IDE provides some support [if it doesn't, it isn't a "decent"
IDE]

Sadly IDEs for Java and .NET are still pretty far ahead of what is
available for Python.

OpenGroupware developer: awilliam at whitemice.org
<http://whitemiceconsulting.blogspot.com/>
OpenGroupare & Cyrus IMAPd documenation @