Integrate JpegEnhancer in PSPX on XP

Heinrich Wolf XXXXh.wolfXXXX at hispeed.ch
Sat Jan 16 06:15:56 EST 2010

Hi all,

I've read somewhere that any suitable program - exe file -
could be run by a script in Paint Shop Pro on Windows XP/SP3.
JpegEnhancer from www.vicman.net/jpegenhancer/ is a well known
stand alone app. requiring to juggle an image between PSP and
JpegEnhancer via HD - a extremely undesirable situation for very
many reasons.

If my assumption holds true, JpegEnhancer would rather behave
just as an ordinary PSP python script, taking hold of the bitmap
in RAM, doing its job and leaving the result in PSP smartly for
further processing as required - including PSP' undo and redo.
I had a look at http://docs.python.org/library/subprocess.html,
but that's over my head by far.

Is there a friendly person here in this Python domain, willing to
supply a little know how for me and others to further our
addiction to photography?

Very many thanks in advance and kind regards - flowe