maintain 2 versions of python on my computer

Duncan Booth duncan.booth at invalid.invalid
Sat Jan 16 12:52:55 EST 2010

Mike <mike at mhuffman.com> wrote:

> t does not; Windows associates applications with file extensions.
> However, I have used something like this to get something like the
> Unix shebang behavior:
>
> @echo off
> rem = """ ver26.bat: Python 2.6
> C:\Python26\python -x %~f0 %*
> goto END
> rem """
> # ver26.py wrapped in ver26.bat to mimic Unix #! behavior
>
> import sys
> print sys.version
>
> rem = """
>:END
> pause
> rem """

That seems overkill. This does pretty much the same thing:

    	@(C:\Python26\Python -x %~f0 %* || pause) && goto:EOF
    	import sys
    	print sys.version
    	# raise RuntimeError # uncomment to trigger the 'pause'

EOF is a special label which may be used to exist a CMD file without having
to explicitly define it. As I wrote it above the pause is executed only if
the script exists with a non-zero status.