chr(12) Form Feed in Notepad (Windows)

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Sat Jan 16 17:41:14 EST 2010

Lie Ryan wrote:
> On 01/17/10 02:37, W. eWatson wrote:
>> D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
>>> Why not generate a PostScript or PDF file in the first place?  Check
>>> out reportlab.
>>>
>> New Courier and NotePad produces a good looking result.
>>
>> I'm trying to keep this effort to a minimum. I don't think tracking down
>> how to write PP code PDF code is worth for this effort.
>
> How about creating a new print job for each discontinuous page? AFAIK,
> modern printer spooler don't continue printing between separate jobs? A
> bit of hackery, but guaranteed to work unless you're using roll paper.

Or unless you are printing to a production mailing system, and don't
want job headers printed or interspersed jobs.

>> In another related effort that I might get involved in, it would be good
>> to be able to produce graphical data as from MatPlotLib and be able to
>> print that to a printer directly from a Python program.

A client of mine just built a web site where output from queries could
be HTML, PDF (Piza and ReportLab) or CSV (just written out). It's not
that hard (though the code isn't open sourced I may be able to get them
to document an outline of the process, or let me (in my copious spare time).

regards
 Steve
PyCon is coming! Atlanta, Feb 2010  http://us.pycon.org/