Problems with collision response

Joabos lourenalm at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 17 09:14:59 EST 2010

I'm doing a project, and I need to insert collision detection and response on
it. Here's the code. What am I doing wrong?

   #Update all sprites, map
        self.player.update(dt)

        #Collide other sprites
        collisions = rabbyt.collisions.aabb_collide_single(self.player,
self.spriteList)

        for col in collisions:
            pass

        #Collide with map
        collisions = rabbyt.collisions.aabb_collide_single(self.player,
self.map_manager.map_sprites())

        for tile in collisions:
            #Create a bounding line of all the tiles
            self.player.collide(tile)
        if len(collisions) > 0:
            #Collide the sprite with the bounding line
            pass
            """
            if self.player.bottom < tile.top and self.player.top > tile.top:
                self.player.collide(tile.attributes['col_type'],
DIRECTION.DOWN, tile.top)
            elif self.player.top > tile.bottom and self.player.bottom <
tile.bottom:
                self.player.collide(tile.attributes['col_type'],
DIRECTION.UP, tile.bottom)
            elif self.player.left < tile.right and self.player.right >
tile.right:
                self.player.collide(tile.attributes['col_type'],
DIRECTION.LEFT, tile.right)
            elif self.player.right > tile.left and self.player.left <
tile.left:
                self.player.collide(tile.attributes['col_type'],
DIRECTION.RIGHT, tile.left)
            """

        #Collide with boundaries
        """if self.player.right > self.window_width:
            self.player.collide(COL_TYPE.WALL, DIRECTION.RIGHT,
self.window_width)
        elif self.player.left < 0:
            self.player.collide(COL_TYPE.WALL, DIRECTION.LEFT, 0)

        if self.player.bottom < 0:
            self.player.collide(COL_TYPE.WALL, DIRECTION.DOWN, 0)
            """