How to install local module other than in "site-packages"?

Jive Dadson notontheweb at
Mon Jan 18 02:09:35 CET 2010

Okay, I might go this route anyway.  It's almost working.

I created a directory (folder in MS-speak) named Modules, and put its
path in the PYTHONPATH env variable.

I can now put a file into the directory Modules, and it will load when I say "import foo."

Now I put a folder into Modules called myModule and in that I put  It does not find when I say either import bar or import  I tried the myModule.pth trick but it didn't help.  Maybe
I did it wrong.