integer and string compare, is that correct?

Aahz aahz at
Tue Jan 19 22:15:35 CET 2010

In article <hickp8$cfg$00$1 at>,
Peter Otten  <__peter__ at> wrote:
>The use cases for an order that works across types like int and str are
>weak to non-existent. Implementing it was considered a mistake and has
>been fixed in Python 3:

That is not precisely correct from my POV.  The primary use case for
order that works across types is sorting lists of heterogeneous data.
Many people relied on that feature; however, experience showed that it
caused more bugs than it fixed.  But that doesn't obviate the use of the
Aahz (aahz at           <*>

until you hire an amateur."  --Red Adair