Using jython to call python procedures/methods

Kurt Smith kwmsmith at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 11:08:41 EST 2010

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 9:32 AM, KB <keith at nekotaku.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have an application that only publishes a Java API. I can use jython
> to access java classes, but jython currently (to the best of my
> knowledge) does not support numpy/scipy.
>
> Ideally I would like to have jython call a "native" python routine
> where I have the numpy/scipy procedures already written.
>
> Does anyone have any experience with this? Is it possible?

I have no experience with these technologies, and others can point you
to more detailed info, but you could try using XML-RPC (see the docs
for the xmlrpclib module in the standard library) or SOAP (Google it).

These would be better than rolling your own.

Perhaps there's a more Pythonic solution though?

Kurt