Using jython to call python procedures/methods

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Wed Jan 20 14:22:40 EST 2010

KB wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have an application that only publishes a Java API. I can use jython
> to access java classes, but jython currently (to the best of my
> knowledge) does not support numpy/scipy.
>
> Ideally I would like to have jython call a "native" python routine
> where I have the numpy/scipy procedures already written.
>
> Does anyone have any experience with this? Is it possible?
>
> I had toyed with the idea of having jython/java write the data to a
> file/database and then manually kick off the python process, but
> ideally I would like this as automated as possible.

Have a look at this talk for some inspiration:

	http://www.slideshare.net/onyame/mixing-python-and-java

Here's an example of using Pyro to connect Jython and CPython:

	http://www.razorvine.net/python/PyroAndJython

As always with such solutions, there are a lot of weird problems
to be expected :-/

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jan 20 2010)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/