Symbols as parameters?

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Fri Jan 22 06:07:45 EST 2010

Jean-Michel Pichavant <jeanmichel at sequans.com> writes:

> Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> > I would call it a horrible, horrible, horrible code smell. A stench
> > in fact.
[…]

> As soon as it is properly documented, as a public interface should be,
> it becomes an acceptable design, IMO.
[…]

So your position seems to be that any design fault ceases to be a fault
if it is documented. If that's not your position, I would be interested
to know what relevance the above statement has to Stephen's objection.

--
 \           “I have one rule to live by: Don't make it worse.” —Hazel |
  `\                                                          Woodcock |