[Edu-sig] some turtle questions

Helene Martin lognaturel at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 12:35:42 EST 2010

I'm almost sure that there's no way for a turtle to know anything
about the background.  That's an unfortunate limitation!

As for putting a limit on a turtle's travel, you need to write an
appropriate conditional.  For example, if you want your turtle to stay
within a 200x200 square centered around the origin and stop if it gets
out, do something roughly like:

while(math.abs(t.xcor()) < 100 and math.abs(t.ycor()) < 100):
   move turtle

Of course, you could instead use if statements and simulate bouncing
(if my turtle's x coordinate is beyond my bounding box, subtract from
its x coordinate).

Best,

Hélène.
Computer Science Teacher