Python and Ruby

Roald de Vries rdv at
Wed Jan 27 15:56:24 CET 2010

On Jan 27, 2010, at 2:01 PM, Jean Guillaume Pyraksos wrote:

> What are the arguments for choosing Python against Ruby
> for introductory programming ? Python has no provisions
> for tail recursion, Ruby is going to... So what ?
> Thanks,

I think the main difference is in culture, especially for
*introductory* programming. For example, I have the impression that
Rubyists like to write the same thing in as many ways as possible
(example:, Python prefers one obvious way; this
(arguably) makes Ruby more writable and Python more readable.