Library support for Python 3.x

Kevin Walzer kw at
Wed Jan 27 16:23:17 CET 2010

I'm going to be starting some new Python projects in Python 2.6, but am
concerned that at least three of the libraries I will be
using--pycrypto, paramiko and feedparser--are not currently supported in
Python 3.x. The authors of these programs have not given any indication
that work is underway to support Python 3.x. Eventually I plan to
migrate to Python 3.x.

I don't want to be stuck using libraries that may not be updated for the
next generation of Python. How are others handling this issue?

Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin