myths about python 3

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Wed Jan 27 15:45:21 EST 2010

On 2010-01-27, John Nagle <nagle at animats.com> wrote:

> Arguably, Python 3 has been rejected by the market.

Let's just say that it hasn't yet been accepted by the market. ;)

> Instead, there's now Python 2.6, Python 2.7, and Python 2.8.
> Python 3 has turned into a debacle like Perl 6, now 10 years
> old.

I think I'd have to wait a couple more years before making that
sort of pronouncement.

That said, I don't expect to start using Python 3 until library
availability or my Linux distro forces me to.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! Inside, I'm already
                                  at               SOBBING!