myths about python 3

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Wed Jan 27 16:30:58 EST 2010

Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam at opengroupware.us> writes:

> On Wed, 2010-01-27 at 12:56 -0800, John Nagle wrote:
> > 2.  Python 3 is supported by multiple Python implementations.
> > 	FALSE - Only CPython supports 3.x.  Iron Python, Unladen Swallow,
> > 	PyPy, and Jython have all stayed with 2.x versions of Python.
>
> And of all Python development what percentage takes place on all those
> combined?

That's irrelevant to the point, though. Regardless of how small the
minority of developers on the platform, it clearly matters to those
developers which versions of Python they can use.

--
 \       “When I get new information, I change my position. What, sir, |
  `\             do you do with new information?” —John Maynard Keynes |