python 3's adoption

Alf P. Steinbach alfps at start.no
Thu Jan 28 11:13:22 EST 2010

* Roy Smith:
> In article <mailman.1545.1264694607.28905.python-list at python.org>,
>  Mitchell L Model <MLMDev at Comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> I use the sep and end keywords all the time.
>
> What are 'sep' and 'end'?  I'm looking in
> http://docs.python.org/3.1/genindex-all.html and don't see those mentioned
> at all.  Am I just looking in the wrong place?

   >>> print( print.__doc__ )
   print(value, ..., sep=' ', end='\n', file=sys.stdout)

   Prints the values to a stream, or to sys.stdout by default.
   Optional keyword arguments:
   file: a file-like object (stream); defaults to the current sys.stdout.
   sep:  string inserted between values, default a space.
   end:  string appended after the last value, default a newline.
   >>> _

Cheers & hth.,

- Alf