Sleep timer but still responsive?

JohnnyFive morganhein at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 18:34:22 EST 2010

I need help with something that is probably fairly simple, but i'm
having a heck of a time getting it work.

Basically, I need my program to sleep for a certain amount of time,
but I don't want the console to become unresponsive while sleeping.

As soon as the time is up, I want the main program to run it's course
again.

I tried using a Timer, threads, etc, but I really can't figure it out.
What am I missing?

I can post what I have, but I don't want to get caught up on how i'm
doing it wrong (as none of it works), but rather the correct way to do
it.

Thanks in advance!