Some C-API functions clear the error indicator?

Austin Bingham austin.bingham at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 16:25:14 EST 2010

Maybe I'm not following what you're saying. In my case, I already know
that an exception has been thrown. In the course of processing that
exception, I call another function which, for whatever reason and even
when it succeeds, clears the exception indicators. How can I address
this issue by checking function calls for failure?

Austin