myths about python 3

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Fri Jan 29 23:06:29 EST 2010

Blog <Blogtest77 at gmail.com> writes:

> (Debian does ship with 2.5, but the next major release "sid' is due
> out in Q2)

Sid is the perpetual development playground (“unstable”), never released
as a suite, but a proving ground for packages to determine their fitness
for going to the next level of testing.

The next-to-be-released suite is Squeeze (currently “testing”), which
has Python 2.5 (the default ‘python’) and Python 2.6.

--
 \       “If you define cowardice as running away at the first sign of |
  `\   danger, screaming and tripping and begging for mercy, then yes, |