A simple-to-use sound file writer

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Fri Jan 15 06:59:13 EST 2010

Alf P. Steinbach wrote:
> * Ben Finney:
>> "Alf P. Steinbach" <alfps at start.no> writes:
>>
>>> You did lie, that's established. In addition as I recall in the same
>>> post you went on about my motivations for doing the Terrible Deed that
>>> you invented.
>>
>> None of that matches my (largely disinterested) observations. This is
>> pure fantasy, as best I can tell.
>
> It's decidedly not kind of you to try to re-open those issues.
>
> Anybody can have a bad day and write something that's untrue or actively
> misleading, whatever.
>
> When it's been dealt with, and it has, it should not be reiterated.
>

>> I've tried in private to talk you out of this persecution fantasy;
>> others have tried in public. It all seems to be in vain.
>
> It's quite normal for people to use ad hominem arguments, especially
> when they have chosen an indefensible position; that's why the technique
> has a name.
>
> There's no persecution involved in that.
>
> And people are not necessarily bad even when they do that from time to
> time, as you do here: it's human.
>

>> You've now passed my twit threshold, so welcome to my kill file.
>
> Goodbye.
>

> Cheers & hth.,
>
> - Alf

How you can possibly hope that helps anyone except you I can't possibly
imagine. It seems that any request to question your own behavior, any
remark about how it might usefully change, is taken to be an ad homime,
attack.

As my wife (who has a colorful Scottish turn of phrase) might say, if
you were chocolate you would eat yourself.

Please, get over this obsession with being "right".

regards
 Steve
PyCon is coming! Atlanta, Feb 2010  http://us.pycon.org/