Python dynamic attribute creation

Stephen Hansen me+list/python at ixokai.io
Thu Jul 1 01:49:57 EDT 2010

On 6/30/10 10:37 PM, Aahz wrote:
> In article<4c29ad38$0$26210$426a74cc at news.free.fr>,
> Bruno Desthuilliers<bruno.42.desthuilliers at websiteburo.invalid>  wrote:
>> Aahz a écrit :

>>> ...and this implies that Python has no focus on elegance because...?
>>
>> Nope, that was an answer about where the emphasis was in my previous
>> statement. I don't mean Python don't care about or is devoid of
>> elegance, just that it's not the primary concern - hence the "has no
>> pretention at" part.
>
> It may not be "the" primary concern, but elegance certainly is *a*
> primary concern.

I concur.

Its not explicitly stated, but it is the Zen 0. This is further
supported by its implied presence in many of the Axioms and Truths of
the Bots.

"Beautiful is better then ugly"; and then the praise of the explicit, of
simplicity, of readability.

Elegance is a prime concern of Python, as it is the natural result of
the Doctrines of Pythonicity. It may not be stated as a rule, but it a
the reward that we are given for following the path of enlightenment.

--

    ... Stephen Hansen
    ... Also: Ixokai

P.S. Yes, my wording is intentionally silly-religious. Not meant to be
taken as anything but tongue-in-cheek.