stupid question about html page

luca72 lucaberto at libero.it
Thu Jul 1 04:31:48 EDT 2010

On 1 Lug, 10:16, Mithrandir <mithrandiragainw... at mailinator.com>
wrote:
> luca72 <lucabe... at libero.it> wrote in news:abfb7720-6132-4b7b-8084-
> 5c1a48164... at y11g2000yqm.googlegroups.com:
>
> > hello
> > with webbrowser i open the html or php etc page, how i can save the
> > opened page with python?
>
> > Thanks
>
> > Luca
>
> Not sure of a way to capture info from a browser (like Firefox.) I know
> though that you can save the source of an page with:
>
> import urllib
> urllib.urlretrieve("http://www.example.com/", "Fun.html")
>
> You still need a web browser to read it formatted. (If you are on a web
> page in Firefox, and want to save it, click File>Save Page As...)
>
> If you want to save a picture from the Net see:
>
> http://www.daniweb.com/code/snippet216796.html
>
> Good luck!
>
> --
> People should read more.https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/User:MithrandirAgain
> "All that is gold does not glitter,
> not all those who wander are lost;
> the old that is strong does not wither,
> deep roots are not reached by the frost.
> From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
> a light from the shadows shall spring;
> renenwed shall be blade that was broken,
> the crownless again shall be king."

Thanks for your reply, the problem is that i don't want to save it
with file-> save.
there is any way to save the page by script.
please note that when i save the page with firefox, it save the html
page and also make a folder with the script used in the page, how i
can make it also with python script?
Thanks

Luca