Python dynamic attribute creation

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Thu Jul 1 10:55:15 EDT 2010

In article <m31vbnntwn.fsf at gmail.com>,
WANG Cong  <xiyou.wangcong at gmail.com> wrote:
>On 07/01/10 13:49, Stephen Hansen <me+list/python at ixokai.io> wrote:
>>Wang Cong deleted the attribution for Aahz:
>>>
>>> It may not be "the" primary concern, but elegance certainly is *a*
>>> primary concern.
>>
>> I concur.
>>
>> Its not explicitly stated, but it is the Zen 0. This is further
>> supported by its implied presence in many of the Axioms and Truths of
>> the Bots.
>>
>> "Beautiful is better then ugly"; and then the praise of the explicit,
>> of simplicity, of readability.
>>
>> Elegance is a prime concern of Python, as it is the natural result of
>> the Doctrines of Pythonicity. It may not be stated as a rule, but it a
>> the reward that we are given for following the path of enlightenment.
>
>Isn't elegance somewhat equalent to perfection?

Not in the slightest.  However, elegance is often achieved by aiming for
perfection.

>IMHO, if a language is perfect, it is elegant.

Probably, but the converse is completely not true.  P->Q does not imply
Q->P, and if this isn't obvious to you, you need to study formal logic
(which would be of assistance to you in your other programming
endeavors).

"If you don't know what your program is supposed to do, you'd better not
start writing it."  --Dijkstra