automate minesweeper with python

Ian Kelly ian.g.kelly at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 02:09:53 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 7:17 PM, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:
> Did you actually try it? Though skeptical, I did, briefly, until I decided
> that it probably should have been dated April 1. There is no way to enter
> text into minesweeper, nor to make it full screen, nor, as far as I know,
> for it to toggle pixels outside its window.

Your objections are invalid.  The fact that Minesweeper does not have
a text control does not mean that it cannot receive keypresses, and
the exterior pixel could hypothetically be implemented as a 1-pixel
borderless window belonging to the Minesweeper application.

There are enough details from enough different persons on the web,
with few if any dissenting opinions, that I'm inclined to believe it
probably works.  I can't test it myself, though, because it apparently
no longer works in Windows Vista or 7, and I no longer have an XP box
around.