The real problem with Python 3 - no business case for conversion

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at druid.net
Sat Jul 3 08:39:44 EDT 2010

On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 22:40:34 -0700
John Nagle <nagle at animats.com> wrote:
>      Not according to Vex's published package list:
>
> 	http://www.vex.net/info/tech/pkglist/

As it says on that page it may not be up to date.  Look at the
generated list link.  I guess I should update the static page as well.

> "vex.net" isn't exactly a major hosting service.

OK, I'll give you that.  It is on the backbone of the net at 151 Front
Street in Toronto, has almost 100% uptime and uses high speed servers
but we don't have 15 layers of bureaucracy between the owner and the
user and I certainly know of no "real" hosting provider that invites
all their clients out for dinner once a year.  And how can we be a real
ISP when the president knows most of his clients on a first name basis?

I know what being "major" means to the owners and stockholders but what
features of being major matter to the client?

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy at druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves