SyntaxError not honoured in list comprehension?

jmfauth wxjmfauth at gmail.com
Sun Jul 4 09:49:28 EDT 2010

On 4 juil, 12:35, Carl Banks <pavlovevide... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 4, 1:31 am, jmfauth <wxjmfa... at gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks for having explained in good English my feelings.

> Some other places were keyword can follow a number:

Note, that this does not envolve numbers only.

>>> ['z' for c in 'abc']
['z', 'z', 'z']
>>> 'z'if True else 'a'
>>>

> > Side effect: If this behaviour is considered as correct,
> > it makes a correct Python code styling (IDLE, editors, ...)
> > practically impossible to realise.
>
> I'm not sure why an odd corner of the grammar would mess the whole
> thing up.  Most code stylers only approximate the actual grammar
> anyway.

I guess, most editors (so do I) are mainly using
a "re" engine for their styling.

---

Not a keyword, but space related, what should I thing
about this?

>>> print9
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<psi last command>", line 1, in <module>
NameError: name 'print9' is not defined
>>> print+9
9
>>> print'abc'