python app development

Ed Leafe ed at leafe.com
Tue Jul 6 10:32:01 EDT 2010

On Jul 3, 2010, at 1:48 PM, mo reina wrote:

> an anyone recommend a resource (book,tutorial,etc.) that focuses on
> application development in python? something similar to Practical
> Django Projects, but for stand alone applications instead of web apps
> (for now).

	You should definitely check out Dabo. Several years ago we were looking for something in Python for developing desktop apps, and while there were several useful tools, there wasn't anything that integrated them together. That was our motivation for creating Dabo.

	We have a few screencasts to help you get acquainted with Dabo; I'd recommend these two to start:

http://cdn.cloudfiles.mosso.com/c129431/dataenvironment1.html
http://cdn.cloudfiles.mosso.com/c129432/dataenvironment1.html

	We also have a pretty comprehensive tutorial document, available at:

http://dabodev.com/pycon_tutorial

	If you have any other questions, join our email discussion list and post them there. There are many helpful people there to answer your questions.