How to test/troubshoot an extension (pylibconfig)?

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Wed Jul 7 18:01:28 EDT 2010

I'm trying to use python bindings for libconfig.  There appear to be
three very slightly different bindings:

   http://code.google.com/p/python-libconfig/
   http://wiki.github.com/cnangel/python-libconfig/
   http://github.com/azeey/python-libconfig/

I'm using the latter with libconfig 1.4.5

   http://www.hyperrealm.com/libconfig/

The python bindings appear to come with test cases, but I can't figure
out how to run them.  From reading the Python docs, it would appear
that this should do something useful, but it doesn't:

   $ python -m unittest pylibconfig

   Ran 0 tests in 0.000s

   Trying to run the test script directory doesn't work either:

   $ python tests/test.py
   Traceback (most recent call last):
     File "tests/test.py", line 8, in <module>
       from x64.pylibconfig import Config
   ImportError: No module named x64.pylibconfig

Importing the module seems to be OK, but creating an instance barfs:

   Python 2.6.5 (release26-maint, Jun 22 2010, 12:58:11)
   [GCC 4.3.4] on linux2

   >>> import pylibconfig

   >>> conf = pylibconfig.Config()
   *** glibc detected *** /usr/bin/python2.6: corrupted double-linked list: 0x08065c48 ***

Where to go from here?

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Do you like "TENDER
                                  at               VITTLES"?