How to test/troubshoot an extension (pylibconfig)?

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Wed Jul 7 18:12:29 EDT 2010

On 2010-07-07, Grant Edwards <invalid at invalid.invalid> wrote:

> I'm trying to use python bindings for libconfig.  There appear to be
> three very slightly different bindings:
>
>    http://code.google.com/p/python-libconfig/
>    http://wiki.github.com/cnangel/python-libconfig/
>    http://github.com/azeey/python-libconfig/
>
> I'm using the latter with libconfig 1.4.5
>
>    http://www.hyperrealm.com/libconfig/

[...]

> Importing the module seems to be OK, but creating an instance barfs:
>
>    Python 2.6.5 (release26-maint, Jun 22 2010, 12:58:11)
>    [GCC 4.3.4] on linux2
>    Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>
>    >>> import pylibconfig
>
>    >>> conf = pylibconfig.Config()
>    *** glibc detected *** /usr/bin/python2.6: corrupted double-linked list: 0x08065c48 ***

Oops.  Those Python bindings are for version 1.3.2 of libconfig (which
does work).  They don't work with the current version of libconfig.  I
guess it's time to figure out how boost works...

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! ... I think I'd
                                  at               better go back to my DESK