The real problem with Python 3 - no business case for conversion

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu Jul 8 03:43:11 EDT 2010

"Martin v. Loewis" <martin at v.loewis.de> writes:

> > The point, one more time with feeling, is that the incompatibilities
> > between 2.x and 3.x will *increase* over time.
>
> I think this is unfounded, and actually false.

Since many other people have responded with similar sentiments, I can
only think I must have been expressing myself very poorly today. I agree
with everything you say here, but it doesn't go against what I've been
saying.

If I cared about the issue more, I might have another crack at putting
my meaning into words; but those who want to support a broad stride of
Python versions are more motivated than I to figure it out, so instead I
depart the field.

--
 \         “People's Front To Reunite Gondwanaland: Stop the Laurasian |
  `\              Separatist Movement!” —wiredog, http://kuro5hin.org/ |