C interpreter in Lisp/scheme/python

Mark Tarver dr.mtarver at ukonline.co.uk
Thu Jul 8 06:27:03 EDT 2010

On 14 June, 00:07, bolega <gnuist... at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to compare LISP/Scheme/Python for their expressiveness.
>
> For this, I propose a vanilla C interpreter. I have seen a book which
> writes C interpreter in C.
>
> The criteria would be the small size and high readability of the code.
>
> Are there already answers anywhere ?
>
> How would a gury approach such a project ?
>
> Bolega

Probably you want to look at this thread

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/comp.lang.lisp/browse_frm/thread/7b1ab36f5d5cce0a/54afe11153025e27?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=minim#54afe11153025e27

where I specified a toy language Minim (much simpler than C) and the
goal was to construct an interpreter for it.  Similar problem.

Many solutions were given in different languages.  The thread is very
long.

One thing you might look at is whether some sort of lexer/parser is
supported in any of your targets.  Qi supports a compiler-compiler Qi-
YACC that allows you to write in BNF which makes this kind of project
much easier.

See

http://www.lambdassociates.org/Book/page404.htm

for an overview