Easy questions from a python beginner

Alf P. Steinbach /Usenet alf.p.steinbach+usenet at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 22:25:14 EDT 2010

* Stephen Hansen, on 12.07.2010 04:02:
> On 7/11/10 6:12 PM, Alf P. Steinbach /Usenet wrote:
>> However, as stated up-thread, I do not expect facts, logic or general
>> reasoning to have any effect whatsoever on such hard-core religious
>> beliefs.
>
> Grow up, and/or get a grip, and/or get over yourself.
>
> Everyone who disagreed with you, disagreed with you with arguments,
> logic, facts, and reasoning. You disputed those facts, disagreed with
> the conclusions, but for you to then just dismiss people who don't agree
> with you as merely "religious", is childish.
>
> Exactly why I think you're wrong -- you're free to go re-read, I stand
> by my statements in this thread, and the others. The same arguments
> apply. Its not a religion, dear; my conclusions are not a matter of faith.
>
> That's all I have to say on this subject; the conversation has been had,
> at length (repeatedly).
>
> I swear, I'm just going to filter you and Rick out to /dev/null today
> and leave it at that at this rate. I'm getting worn out of these kinds
> of responses.

Well, the above is flaming, which I predicted.

The alleged facts etc. you're referring are just that, alleged, by you.

In contrast, in debates among non-religious folks facts are /presented/, like
I've done in this thread, e.g. concrete code, instead of like you alleging that
facts have been presented, hinting about things, and so on  --  it's pathetic.

Cheers & hth.,

- Alf