Easy questions from a python beginner

Alister Ware alister.ware at ntlworld.com
Mon Jul 12 16:36:36 EDT 2010

On Sun, 11 Jul 2010 18:17:49 +0000, Duncan Booth wrote:

> wheres pythonmonks <wherespythonmonks at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm an old Perl-hacker, and am trying to Dive in Python.  I have some
>> easy issues (Python 2.6)
>> which probably can be answered in two seconds:

without going into details on how to do these things in python(many
suggestions have already been made) i think you need to take a step back

Why do you want to do these particular things in this way?

is it because this is what is needed to get the job done or is it because
this is what's needed to get the job done in perl?

if the later then step back and think what is the real goal & program
accordingly.

Each language does things differently ( if they didn't we wouldn't have
different languages!)

what is Best for perl (or c , java, pascal or malbolge) may not
necessarily be the best for Python & vice Versa.

--
backups: always in season, never out of style.